Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Im thankful for...

I may not show it all the time but I am so thankful for the things and people I have in my life, number one being my parents Desiree and Paul. To me, they seem to be both opposites personality wise, but with their unconditional and sometimes tough love, they made me the person I am today. I am also thankful for my little sister Isabella. Even though we are 9 years apart, we still fight like any other sisters do and I would but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love knowing that if she ever felt like she had no one to talk to, she would have me to still protect her and listen to her like a big sister should do! I am thankful for being able to give to the less fortunate. Two Christmases ago, I spent $200 of my own money to buy groceries for an older woman who just came out the hospital. i heard she didn't have anything to make her family of 6 for Christmas, so I tried my best to help her out. This year I received from NY Cares from a little girl who wrote a letter to Santa from Christmas mentioning the one gift she wants, and I am so fortunate and grateful that I am able to give her what she wants.
I am extremely thankful for having a home and a family to spend every holiday with. Its so sad, especially during the holidays to see homeless people on the street sitting on the corners in the cold asking for either money or a meal. It breaks my heart even more to know that those people may not have any family or friends, being the reason they don't have a place to go. I'm so thankful for the people and things I have in my life. sometimes I don't realize how lucky I am, but then I count my blessings and realize I have a lot more than a lot of people in this world and I'm grateful for it .

No comments:

Post a Comment