Tuesday, November 16, 2010

peer editing

I actually enjoyed editing someones paper, especially someone whom I have never met. I felt like i could be more honest with how i felt about their writing and help them improve it in some way. I may not be the best editor but its a learning experience and helps me a little to focus on errors on my paper. Editing someone elses paper with similiar mistakes to mine, helps me give both the person whos paper im editing and myself some helpful information on grammer mistakes, line fragments, and paragraph organization.

A few challenges i faced while editing someones paper was finding the write words to say. i didn't want to sound too harsh, but i also didn't want to give straight compliments to make them think they had nothing to work on. while reading another persons paper, it makes you think of how your paper may look to someone else. it may seem like your papers good enough for you but if you try putting yourself in someone else shoes and try reading your paper from another point of view, i think it may help you be able to edit your paper better. it may not be as easy as it sounds but it can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment